If raw food nutrition explained to you in easy to understand terms in a fun format with plenty of time to sink in, a manageable time commitment, and plenty of opportunity to ask questions and get clarification directly from us is important to you, we invite you to join us for our online Mastering Raw Food Nutrition and Educator Course! We are so happy to bring this program to you! We want you to experience all the joy and benefits eating and living this way has brought to our lives. We've listened and created this curriculum based on your input!
September 2017 webinar:
August 2017 webinar:
May 2017 webinar:
This webinar explains our Mastering Raw Food Nutrition and Educator Course along with a sampling of the information covered in this curriculum.
- 12 Month Online and Interactive Course
- Begins August 30, 2017
- Time Commitment: 2 to 3 hours per week
- 2 hours of solid content:
- Professional quality videos
- Four comprehensive, professionally printed and bound, 8.5" x 11" sets of paperback notes including graphics that follow along with our presentations. Close to 900 pages of notes between all four notebooks.
- 2 hours of solid content:
- 3 – 4 monthly question and answer sessions in real time with Drs. Rick and Karin Dina, D.C. in small group sessions.
- You can access these via phone or through your computer. This is approximately 40 – 50 hours of time over the course of the 12 months!
- All calls will be recorded in case you miss one and want to still listen in afterwards, or review later even if you were on the call.
- You can even ask your questions in advance through the computer!
- We have listened! Many people have told us they have trouble following through with self-paced courses and find regular opportunities to meet, ask questions, and have time for sharing experiences very valuable for understanding course information.
- Self-paced courses do not offer the support provided in this class.
- Our Mastering Raw Food Nutrition and Educator Course is a total of 100 hours worth of solid content and 40 – 50 hours worth of class discussion Q+A sessions that you can attend live or access once we've recorded them.
- Please keep in mind that 100 hours from us is probably more like 500 or so hours elsewhere. For example, we purchased an online program a few years back that was 6 hours worth of content. We were very frustrated going through it because it easily could have been delivered in about an hour, without missing anything. We value your time as much as we value our own, and our commitment to you is make the best use of that time.
- This curriculum is based on peer-reviewed research (thousands of journal articles), our personal experience of 27-30 years each, our clinical experience, and our doctorate level educations, presented in an easy to understand format!
“I really enjoyed the course and wouldn’t know where I could find the wealth of material, breadth of information, and detailed and clear explanations anywhere else and as efficiently presented as Drs. Rick and Karin’s excellent program. Thank you again. ” Gayle B., Newton, MA
- Our program is cohesive! You get all the pieces, then you see how they all work together synergistically. In other programs you get exposed to the work of different educators. On the one hand it’s great to be exposed to different perspectives and different points of view. On the other hand, all the different people you hear from have not gotten together to weave their points of view into a cohesive whole. We teach you how to integrate these different ideas for maximum benefit, instead of being left confused.
- We taught our in-person Science of Raw Food Nutrition classes for 10 years to rave reviews and in terms of the information delivery there was one central theme. The information was awesome and the students wanted all of it, but over a longer period of time, with more time in between to sink in and ask questions. This is why we created this course in this format.
- When teaching in person, because people were away from home and it cost them money for lodging each day, we wanted to make the best of use of their valuable time. Even considering that, the total cost was considerably more when taking travel, lodging, and time off work into account. With this format, we don’t have those constraints to worry about, and now we can offer our new, revised, and updated curriculum to you in the manner you’ve asked for.
- As far as getting the most reliable, accurate, and useful information in the least amount of time, we have done the work for you! This information is not available anywhere else! You will get our decades of experience and tens of thousands of hours of our work distilled into 100 hours. It would take you decades of research and education to get this level of understanding. We bring this information to you in bite-sized pieces over the course of 12 months, with weekly support if you so choose to take advantage of that.
- Educator component of the course: You become an educator when other people see what you eat! You will get questions, lots of them! We will teach you how to answer them. Not just what to say but how to say it to create rapport. This will allow you to feel more comfortable eating a raw food diet, and help you be a positive influence on others which may even allow you to gain some allies and supporters!
- Additionally, when you have this solid foundation you are much less likely to led off track by people who are not well educated about nutrition. You won’t be deterred by well-meaning misinformation.
" I like that I will now be able to express my lifestyle to worried friends."
"Take this class and your concerns about not getting enough nutrients, vitamins, protein, and minerals being vegan or raw vegan will disappear. It was well structured, very informative, and supported by data."
- You get more time to ask us questions than our SRFN students in our in-person classes and you can access this information from the comfort of your own home. You won’t have to pay for travel or lodging or take time away from your family or work! We know you have busy lives, which is why we created the course in this manner. The structure of this course reflects the feedback we have received from so many of you over the years. We are so happy to finally bring it to you!
“So far none of the Science of Raw Food Nutrition courses has failed to fascinate me. There are so many aspects to consider for each individual when designing a truly healthy diet and lifestyle that meets the needs of each person in an optimal way and at first it all sounds conflicting, confusing, and complicated. The more one studies the scientific facts and separates them from mere opinions, it all falls into place and makes perfect sense. Dr. Rick and Dr. Karin do a perfect job on guiding us on that path, and their combined knowledge and experience is phenomenal. These classes are a must for anyone wanting to learn about truly science-based facts and principles of healthy nutrition and lifestyle.
Thank you so much for this class. Again I learned so much and I am very glad I came (again) over from Japan to take this course. It greatly deepened my overall understanding of the Science of Raw Food Nutrition!” Beatte V., Tokyo, Japan
- Topics we will cover in this class include and are not limited to the following:
- Successful weight management
- Blood sugar regulation from a dietary perspective
- Acid/Alkaline balance
- Food changes from cooking
- Anti-inflammatory nutrition
- Anti-aging and longevity
- Vitamin B12
- Essential fatty acids
- Antioxidants and phytonutrients
- Understanding human digestion, absorption, and assimilation of nutrients.
- Statistics in U.S. healthcare – We have the most costly healthcare system in the world, but are plagued by many diseases. Why? We will explore this question and more.
- The quick fix approach vs. long-term change. How do health outcomes differ?
- A history of the raw and living foods movement:
- Natural Hygeine and the Ann Wigmore program contrasted with popular diet programs
- Evolution within the raw food movement with growing national and international popularity
- Personal responsibility and health achievement
- Major studies in support of plant-based diets
- Evaluation of the health promoting properties of different foods
- Making sense of food labels
- Phytoestrogens, soy, xenoestrogens
- Enzyme theory and enzyme science
- Food combining theory and practical applications
- Essentials for success with raw foods
- The history of human food choices
- Grains - what they are and why they are so controversial
- Organically grown produce - a scientific perspective
- Nutrition from whole natural plant foods vs. supplements
- More about essential fatty acids
- Philosophy vs. science – the benefits and limitations of both
- Comparison and contrast of different approaches to raw food nutrition
- high fruit raw
- low fruit raw
- the importance of greens
- much more
- Avoidance of common pitfalls in raw food and designing a health program for success
- Raw food exaggerations and raw food facts
- The effects of heating on food
- The benefits of sprouting and greens
- Antioxidants and phytonutrients
- Nutrient synergy
- Lighter eating for more energy
- Healthy weight control
- Raw superfoods, an objective and scientific look
- Attitude and psychological considerations for healthy eating
- Sleep and optimal health
- Comparison of different types of fasts and cleanses
- Food choices and ecological sustainability
- Various supplements – what are they, what do they do, and do we actually need them?
- Survey of sweeteners
- What are the various sweeteners used by raw food enthusiasts and the population in general?
- Are they good for us and what are healthy alternatives?
- Advanced topics in weight loss and metabolism
- Do hormones play a role?
- How do diet, activity level, stress, sleep, etc. affect weight loss/gain?
- Digestive health
- The effect of various foods
- Stress/emotional state
- Probiotics, prebiotics, and microbiomes
- How our body utilizes carbohydrates, protein, and fat
- Sea vegetables
- Raw food challenges, pitfalls, and solutions
- Different types of oils
- What are they, are they really healthy and do we need them?
- Nutrient analysis of popular raw food staples
- Wimpy versus hefty
- What popular raw foods are nutrient powerhouses and which are wimpy?
- Is it necessary to spend a lot of money to be healthy?
- The raw health continuum
- Where do different foods fall on the scale of health?
- The importance of fiber for intestinal health
- Raw food / plant-based diet research
We invite you to learn more about this class can assist you in reaching your health and personal goals. To book a time to speak with us about registering for this curriculum, please click on the green tab at the bottom of this page . We look forward to speaking with you soon!
“This class really reinforced my motivation to be and to stay on a (mostly) raw diet, because now more than ever, I know why and how much my body benefits from it. Thank you so much Drs. Rick and Karin Dina!”